IPL (Intense Pulse Light) Treatments
Intense Pulse Light photo-rejuvenation (IPL) treatment is a popular, non-invasive treatment that improves the appearance of photo-aged skin, removes age spots, most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken facial capillaries and rosacea. IPL also stimulates the production of collagen, which plumps up the skin and gives you a fresher look. It can also refine and tighten large pores. IPL photo-rejuvenation can be tailored to your individual condition and skin type, providing superior cosmetic results and high satisfaction.
Pre-Treatment Instructions for IPL
- No sun exposure, tanning beds, or sunless tanning cream 2 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the pulsed light treatment and can increase the chance of post-treatment complications.
- Apply a sunblock of SPF30 or greater the 2 weeks prior to treatment on the area being treated, if exposed to the sun.
- Remove all makeup, creams, or oils prior to treatment.
- Discontinue all forms of retinols 72 hours prior to treatment.
- You may need to be on Hydroquinone 4% two-four weeks prior to treatment. This would be discussed at your consultation.