The Lowdown on Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are an effective treatment for both men and women looking to improve the appearance of their skin. This popular treatment works by removing the damaged top layers of skin on your face to smooth your skin, reduce scarring and remove blemishes. If you’re looking for a way to make your skin look more vibrant, a chemical peel may be just the thing.
How It Works
Your dermatologist will apply a chemical solution to your skin, which dissolves the skin’s upper layers. As the tissue dissolves, the skin begins to heal itself and new tissue is formed. The result is fresher, smoother skin. There are various levels of chemical peels, from light to medium to deep. The type of chemical peel depends on the strength of the chemicals used and the duration that the solution stays on your skin.
A chemical peel is one of the least invasive ways to improve your skin. But the benefits don’t stop there. Chemical peels are great for a host of reasons, including:
- Diminishing fine lines and wrinkles that creams and lotions can’t.
- Reducing the appearance of sun damage by stimulating your skin to heal itself by dissolving the top layers of your skin. Your dark spots and damaged skin will be replaced with a smoother appearance and more even skin tone.
- An affordable option for those looking for effective results without spending hundreds of dollars.
- Improving the texture of the skin by gently exfoliating the skin, thereby increasing cell renewal and enhancing collagen production.
- Boosting your confidence. When your complexion is smooth and glowing, how can you not be more confident?
Talk to your dermatologist to find out which chemical peel may be best for you. Together, you can determine the results you want to achieve and the level of treatment that will suit your needs.
Are you looking for more radiant, healthy looking skin?
To learn more about the benefits of a chemical peel, or if you’re interested in any of the other dermatologic services we provide, contact Westerville Dermatology online or by calling 614.895.0400 today to schedule an appointment.