If you are bothered by extra fullness under your chin, AKA ‘double chin’, a minimally invasive and effective treatment is now available.
Extra fullness or submental fat beneath your chin can affect both men and women, and is often diet and/or exercise resistant. This can be caused by weight gain, genetics, and/or aging.
Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that uses deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule that aids in breakdown and absorption of ingested fat. Kybella may be right for you if:
- You don’t want surgery.
- You feel the older or heavier than you actually are.
- You eat well and exercise, but the fullness beneath your chin does not go away.
The Kybella experience:
- Usually requires up to 6 treatment sessions a month apart.
- Kybella is given during an in-office visit, and the injection process takes around 20 minutes.
- You will receive a series of injections into the fat under your chin at each treatment.
- Mild to moderate swelling occurs and may last a few weeks.
- Ice/cold packs or local anesthesia may be applied so you will be comfortable.
- Most common side effects include: brusing, swelling, numbness, redness, pain, and areas of hardness.
- Most serious side effects include nerve injury in the jaw which can causes uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, and trouble swallowing(experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies).