What is Restylane?
Restylane is a product line of dermal fillers that we are pleased to offer our patients. Each unique hyaluronic acid filler is made in a laboratory with the objective of replicating the natural HA made in the body. This lab-made hyaluronic acid does not contain animal products so does not require allergy testing before treatment. Because the body naturally produces HA to maintain supple cartilage, joints, and skin, the introduction of this type of filler works to immediately promote skin hydration that results in fewer lines and better contours. Furthermore, the presence of hyaluronic acid via fillers is a driving force in collagen remodeling through the new production of this protein.
What is Restylane used for?
Some of the common uses of Restylane dermal fillers include:
- Lip enhancement.
- Cheek augmentation.
- Undereye puffiness and dark circles
- Lines and wrinkles around the nose, mouth, and eyes
There is a Restylane product for just about every area of the face. Our experience with the following products helps patients achieve the rejuvenation they seek without having to turn to surgical methods.
- Restylane-L, the original product approved for soft tissue use, can correct a number of cosmetic concerns, such as nasolabial folds, undereye puffiness, and smile lines.
- Restylane Silk has been formulated with an ultra-smooth and creamy consistency that beautifully fills in lines around the lips. This product is also ideal for lip augmentation to improve fullness and symmetry.
- Restylane Refyne is a well-built dermal filler that is made with XpresHA Technology to give the product flexibility when introduced beneath the skin. The nuanced movement of Refyne makes it a great choice for correcting mild to moderate lines and creases on the lower face.
- Restylane Defyne is also made with XpresHA Technology and is also a “flexible” filler that complements natural tissue beautifully. The particles of hyaluronic acid in Defyne are slightly larger, which makes this product an excellent choice for moderate to severe creases on the lower face.
How long does Restylane last?
The results of dermal filler treatment typically last from six months to a year. Lighter fillers used around the lips and eyes may degrade more quickly than denser fillers like Restylane Refyne and Defyne. Touch up treatments can be scheduled as needed to sustain a youthful appearance.
Is Restylane safe?
It has been estimated that more than 12 million Restylane treatments have been conducted in the several years since the approval of the first filler in this product line. Restylane products contain a hyaluronic acid base that mimics naturally-produced HA. Therefore, there is virtually no risk of allergic reaction, as there is with animal-based fillers.
How much does Restylane cost?
Restylane is a cost-effective treatment for men and women who want to enhance their appearance by reducing lines and adding contours to all the right places of the face. Cost can be estimated for you during a one-on-one consultation in which we can determine the appropriate amount of product to achieve your desired results. We would be happy to meet with you to see how the right Restylane product or products can help you look and feel your best for months at a time.
Are there any side effects?
Dermal filler treatments may incur mild side effects such as swelling, redness, pinpoint bleeding, and bruising. In most cases, these side effects are minimal and temporary. They should not be uncomfortable, nor should they inhibit your return to normal activities. Many patients who obtain dermal filler treatment are able to go right back to work without noticeable side effects. If you do experience swelling or bruising, applying ice or a cold compress for a short time will help resolve these symptoms.
Does Restylane hurt?
Restylane products are made with lidocaine, a mild local anesthetic that desensitizes nerve endings. Most patients feel nothing more than a slight pinch from the tiny needle. We understand that comfort is a concern for many patients. Please do not hesitate to speak with us before your treatment to discuss additional strategies to make your cosmetic procedure as comfortable as possible.
Dermal fillers have continually improved in performance and natural feel beneath the skin. Discover the difference that Restylane products can make for your sense of confidence. Call our Westerville, OH office at 614-895-0400 to schedule your consultation for cosmetic dermal fillers.
What Our Patients Are Saying
I couldn’t be more pleased and have a great deal of respect and trust in Dr. Karikomi. The staff is absolutely wonderful at Westerville Dermatology. They are professional, friendly and respond to my questions or concerns very quickly.