Chemical Peels | Westerville, Ohio
Chemical peels remove the damaged outer layers of skin on the face in order to smooth texture, reduce scarring, remove blemishes, and promote collagen to produce healthy, glowing, radiant skin. Chemical peels are great for reducing the signs of aging and skin imperfections. There are many varieties of chemical peels ranging from gentle to medium depth peels. You may experience peeling or no peeling of the skin, depending on what peel you choose.
If you have never had a chemical peel before, please schedule a complimentary consultation with our esthetician to assess which chemical peel would be best suited for you, and how to best prepare your skin for the chemical peel.
Pre Treatment Instructions for Chemical Peels
- Two weeks prior to your treatment, avoid the following:
- Sun exposure
- Tanning beds
- Self-tanning products
- One week prior to your treatment, avoid the following:
- Depilatory creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- Three days prior to your treatment, avoid the following:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differen, Tazorac
- Any products containing retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or benzol peroxide.
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
- Please Note The Following:
- Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic fillers, etc) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before receiving a treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, a physician-dispensed prescription should be used starting one day prior to peel for one week.
Levels of Chemical PeelsLevel 1 Chemical Peel
- Treats the outermost layer of the skin
- Little-to-no downtime
- Healthy/Radiant glow to skin
- Perfect starter treatment or for sensitive skin
- Usually 3-5 days of downtime
- Skin may be pink and have some flaking/dry skin
- Reduces minor blemishes and age spots, and promotes collagen
- Usually 5-7 days of downtime
- Skin may be pink and feel tight, may have some flaking up to mild peeling
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne, and hyperpigmentation
- Post care is necessary
- Usually 7 – 14 days of downtime
- Treats fine lines, acne, acne scarring, and hyperpigmentation
- Skin is usually more red than pink and may have heavy peeling for several days
- May peel multiple times
- Pre and Post care are essential
Book your Chemical Peel
Types of Chemical PeelsLactic Peel (2%) Level 1
Alpha hydroxy acid enhances your natural glow by providing gentle exfoliation and hydration. Safe for all skin types. Great treatment for rosacea and Obagi patients.Sensi Peel Level 1
A unique peeling option for all patients, including those with highly sensitive skin. Improves surface texture, brightens the skin, and promotes an even skin tone with little-to-no downtime.
Obagi’s Blue Radiance Peel Level 1 – 2 A unique blend of acids to provide a gentle yet effective peel. Results in tighter, smoother, brighter looking skin. Improves the look of acne scarring, photodamage, and melasma. Excellent treatment for our Obagi patients.Ultra Peel 1 Level 2
A customizable mild peel to treat maturing skin. Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and promotes an even skon tone and clearer complexion. Minimal downtime – skin may appear pink and may experience some flaking of the skin.Pigment Balancing Peel Level 2
The pigment balancing peel is a customizable brightening treatment targeting hyperpigmentation to dramatically improve the uneven appearance of photo-damaged skin. The peel combines high-performance brightening and anti-inflammatory agents with a peeling acid solution to accelerate cell renewal and diminish hyperpigmentation. A series of 6 peels is recommended for optimal results.PCA Peel Level 2 – 3
A customizable peel that can be mild to medium in depth. Helps to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of acne-prone skin, promotes a clear complexion, is extremely effective on sun-damaged skin, and excellent for active or cystic acne.Ultra Peel Forte Level 3
A customizable medium depth peel that rejuvenates the skin and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and acne scarring while promoting an even skin tone.
Clarify Peel Level 3 Ideal for patients looking for a solution for acne, acne scarring (redness), and oily skin. Also great for higher Fitzpatrick skin types fighting melisma.6% Pure Retinol Peel Level 3
Ideal for patients with normal to resilient skin. Provides dramatic and rapid rejuvenation of the skin, making skin visibly smoother, brighter, and more evenly toned.APEELE Level 4
APEELE is the next generation chemical resurfacing system designed to provide controlled exfoliation of damaged skin with significant visible results after just one treatment. APEELE provides a comprehensive range of customized treatment options for clinicians and patients based on the desired depth of resurfacing and the desired expectations. Treats fine lines and wrinkles, photo-damage, hyperpigmentation, acne, acne scarring, and overall skin rejuvenation. It is available in Light, Medium, and Forte.
Perfect Derma Peel Level 4 Works from the inside to repair and nourish the skin by giving it a radiant glow, refining pores, improving hyperpigmentation, lifting melasma, eliminating acne and acne marks, and also diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. Remarkable improvement will be seen after just one peel!