Laser Hair Removal
Excessive hair can be a result of certain horomones, medication use, or genetic predisposition. Even a small amount of hair can be undesirable when it is located in an obvious or unusual area, especially when it is thick and dark in color.
Achieve permanent reduction of unwanted hair with the most effective FDA-approved laser technology, the Cynosure Elite. The laser emits gentle pulses of energy into the hair follicle. The energy is absorbed to destroy the hair and minimize the potential of regrowth. Available for both men and women. Fee schedule available with pricing. Series of treatments recommended for best results.
Pre-Treatment Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
- Avoid plucking, waxing, threading, or using depilatory creams on the hair to be treated for 2-3 weeks (or longer if possible) before your laser procedure to optimize the effectiveness of your treatment.
- Trimming the hair with scissors and/or shaving is allowed.
- Shave the treatment area approximately 24 hours before the procedure so that stubble is apparent on treatment day.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine the day of your treatment to minimize discomfort.
- Hydrate well the day of your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure 48 hours before your treatment. Also, no sun-tanning, self-tanners, or spray tans 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid tretinoin cream (retin-A), glycolic acid, benzol peroxide, astringents, and harsh chemicals for 48 hours over the skin that will be treated.
- If the treatment area is on or around the face, please remove all makeup prior to the procedure.
- Plan for the treatment area to be cleaned before the procedure.