Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Laser Resurfacing
The UltraPulse Encore CO2 laser is a fractioned high precision device that offers our physicians to optimize the patient’s resurfacing and rejunvenation needs for:
- Acne scarring
- Surgical scars
- Superficial and deep wrinkling
- Sun-damage including brown spots, age spots and rough texture skin
- Tightening of facial skin
The carbon dioxide laser is the gold standard for resurfacing the skin by ablating(removing) the skin layer by layer. The treated skin is then replaced by new collagen effectively rejuvenating and beautifying your skin.
By using the latest fractional laser technology, our physicians are able to customize and optimize your treatments enhancing quicker healing and cosmetic outcomes.
The procedure is performed under topical and local anesthesia for Active FX. Oral medication, in addition, is ideal for the patient receiving Total FX. Treatment takes about 30-45 minutes depending on the size and location of the treated area.
Acitve FX-excellent treatment for:
- Mild wrinkling including the eyelids.
- Rough textured and lusterless skin.
- Usually requires 1-2 sessions.
- Healing appearance: redness, slight swelling and pinpoint crusts.
- Downtime usually 3-5 days.
Deep FX-most effective for:
- Deep acne scarring and wrinkling.
- Helps to tighten loose skin.
- Usually requires 1-3 sessions.
- Healing appearance: redness 2-4 days but skin may remain pink for 7 days, swelling, pinpoint bleeding and crusts.
- Downtime usually 5-6 days.
Total FX-combination of Active FX and Deep FX in combination performed same day.
- For deep rejuvenation and scarring
- Usually requires 1-3 treatments, very individualized.
- Healing appearance: redness lasting 7-14 days, pinkness up to 4 weeks, swelling, crusting.
- Downtime usually 7 days
For more information visit: http://www.lumenis.com/Solutions/Aesthetic/Products/UltraPulse